Every running community needs some advice on ITB issues. What’s yours? (Since I need some with the Gold Coast Marathon in 3 weeks)

• ghose
    link
    English
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Altra are great, I have one pair to long road runs (over HM). Wide toe box, quite flexible, BUT also cushioned so, in my opinion, they may not give you feedback from your feet to automatically correct form. Merrell, Xero shoes, vivobarefoot… have good light, wide and flexible minimalist shoes.

BEFORE transitioning to minimalist shoes PLEASE read and inform about to do it in a progressive way, safely. I would recomend use minimalist shoes, not spend time in both worlds. Reduce your running distance/volume for some weeks to adapt and learn.

DO NOT OVERDO in the first days, your soleus and aquiles tendon could suffer if you run too much. It depends on your current running form though, so you may transition without issues.

If possible, spend time at home barefoot without socks and let your feet “awake”, then go easy on short runs every other day and do some drills at home/work (calf raises, etc.) to strength your feet.

PLEASE, read and inform before proceed. GOOD LUCK!